Steps to becoming a team member
1. We ask that you are a regular member of a local church if you wish to join us.
2. When we are patrolling again we would suggest you come out as a visitor one afternoon, in the uniform, as part of the team. You can then observe what we do within the set guidelines. As a visitor, you will not be asked to talk to any members of the public or pray unless you feel called to do so.
3. Complete an application form which includes 2 referees from your church
4. Be willing to have a DBS check
5. Attend the mandatory Rules & Regulations session which includes Safeguarding
6. Once these have been satisfactorily received and completed, you will be put on the rota to join us for a minimum of one patrol per month
The basic session of Rules & Regulations including safeguarding must be completed before coming out on patrol with us as a team member after your initial visit.
There will be sessions during the year to attend several topics including: First Aid, role of the Police, mental health, homelessness, addictions, speaking of Jesus on the streets.
We have a wonderfully faithful team of prayer pastors who pray for us each time we go out on patrol.
When patrols are running the team always meet to pray together before they go out onto the streets, reliant on some verses from God's Word. It's wonderful how prayers are answered for God's presence and specific requests made before we start out.